Tuesday, January 4, 2011

These Little Hands...

Are now BIG hands. Tear drop. In the past 6 weeks, my little Parker has grown so much. He has grown a few inches in height and a couple more pounds, but measurements can't put into words how much my little boy has become a big boy just in the past 6 weeks. I had Andrew on November 20th- just a little over 6 weeks ago- for 3 (yes, THREE) weeks, I couldn't pick up Parker, but, rest assured, I held his hand every chance I got when walking through the hospital, out to the car, down the stairs, etc. And...in those 3 weeks, I noticed a change in his hands...little did I know that when I got to pick him up he would be so BIG! His legs now dangle past my knees when I carry him, when he sprawls across the bed at night...he now stretches across the whole bed, when I look at his profile...his features have become more pronounced and he is the most handsome little boy I've ever seen, and the list goes on and on. But, by far, the change that makes me tear up every time I think about it, is that his little hands are no longer little. So, my friends, if you have children (little or big) make sure you hold their hand every chance you get!! I am thankful for my healthy BIG boy, Parker, and also thankful that I have another set of little hands to hold as Andrew grows up.

1 comment:

kjanedesigns said...

It's those hands that we want to etch into our memory isn't it?! Makes me want to take pictures of my girls hands now! ;)