Friday, January 7, 2011

These Shoes Were Made for Running...

And that's just what they'll do! Not many people can say that they enjoy running...but, I can honestly say that before I had children, running was my passion. Running gives me a chance to clear my mind, forget about stress, be healthy and in (fairly good) shape, and it gives me something to do that is something that I want to be doing. After Parker was born, I got back in shape, but not like I used to be...and now that Andrew is here, I am finding it difficult to find time to squeeze in everything that comes along with raising two children, let alone time to exercise!! But, ever since Andrew's arrival, I find myself thinking about what it means to have a healthy mind and body and this is so important to me and to my family.

Turning this blog entry into a long story...the moment we found out we were expecting Andrew (another boy), Brandon and I knew that he would complete our family. So, our decision was made, then and there, that we would not be having any more children. This is something else that not many people can say they are excited about...no more children. But, we are so excited about what our family has become- a family of four (five, with the dog), two boys and our Bella- that we are so happy and looking forward to what the future holds (this is a blog posting for another day). This brings me back to my "running" story...

Knowing that I will not be putting my body through another pregnancy, means that it is mine again. Having two pregnancies....having two c-sections....and now having two children in my life, means that my body has been through a lot. Most of this has been (somewhat) out of my control and I am excited to now have my body back to do what I need to do to be healthy again. So, on our date night, Brandon and I visited Gary Gribble Running Store in Lawrence (one of my favorites) and I was re-fitted (I never knew being pregnant could change my feet so much!) for running shoes and also purchased a Nike iPHone sensor to help track my running, calories burned, distance, etc. Next week Brandon and I are joining the local gym and I am going to get this body back into fighting shape!

So...these shoes were made for running and a new start for my body!


No comments: