Friday, September 20, 2013

A Six Year Old

***This morning when I walked Parker into school, we first took his cupcakes to his classroom, said good morning to his teacher, and then we headed toward the gym...on the way to the gym, we ran into three of the boys in Parker's class and he ran up to them, they all grinned, and ran into the gym...I waved good bye, but I don't think Parker looked back to check on me.  He's too big!  And...this is the first birthday that I won't be spending the entire day with him.  Although I've managed to work my way into his day at school and I can't wait to be there with him later on today!

This is what six years old looks like.


And, while I'd love to go on and on and on about how I wish time would slow down.  How I wish I could freeze this moment and not let him move on to the next year of age, I simply can't do it.

Why?

Because this guy is one awesome dude!


Everyday I love him more and more and more and just when I think his personality can't possibly get any better, he says something, does something, or someone tells me something about him, that makes my heart grow even more for my little man.

I got an email from his teacher the other day and I think she used the best word to describe Parker.

"Delightful"

And, while {some days} I wish I could go back to this very second...


Today our Parker-Man becomes a Six Year Old.  And we are embracing it.

I love this time.  I am trying my best to soak it all up, to live in the moment...but, to be honest, I can't wait for what the future holds with this guy.


Happy Birthday, Parker.  We can't wait to celebrate!


No comments: