Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sunday

For me, Sundays are the days that I love the most.  

{Count how many out takes we had trying to get a photo of me and my little guys...}

I call Sunday my 'reset' day.


I call Sunday my 'reset' day because inviting my faith to take a step into the spotlight does this for me.


We may not always be at church when this happens, we may not always be 'perfectly put together' when this happens, but there's something about Sunday that lays it all out there in a perspective that helps me to realize just how blessed and thankful I am for all of the good in my life and it takes the not-so-good and gives me reason and value for why the not-so-good happens in life.


This Sunday in particular, gave me new perspective and multiplied my value for life by so much.  We were compelled to be at church this Sunday.  Not only because Brandon and I were responsible for the Children's Church part of the day, but because of all of the events of this past weekend, I needed to be there....we needed to be there as a family.




{Look at this sweet boy.  Love him.}

This Sunday we started a new tradition in our family.  This was the first year that Parker was able to participate in the Children's Christmas program at church.


{Part of my wonderful day was when Parker agreed to wear an outfit that I picked out!  Isn't he handsome?!}

And, after his stage fright last Sunday, I was a little worried about how he would perform during the Christmas program.  But, he'd been practicing at Sunday School, he was amongst friends, and I knew he would make the most perfect shepherd I'd ever seen.

{Parker is the second one on the left.}

It was a beautiful program.


There's nothing quite like hearing the Christmas story told by kids. There's nothing quite like children's voices singing Christmas music.  There's nothing like a congregation full of family and friends singing together and joining in fellowship to hear the story of Jesus's birth.

{Parker is playing the bells.  He is the second one of the left...again.}

Sunday was quite a day.

{Not only because of your famous cookie exchange, Joy!}

It was quite a day because it was a wonderful day.  A wonderful day in celebration of the true meaning of Christmas.  A wonderful day as a family.  A wonderful day with friends and community.  A wonderful day because it, once again, gave me the sense that I had just hit 'reset' on my life and my mind felt clear and my perspective was restored.


Thank you Sunday.  My favorite day.



No comments: