Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Ball Park


Whew!  We've spent many nights at the ball park already this spring and it's not even June!  (Well, technically, it is June, but when I started writing this post, it was still May).

For all of our friends that don't live in O-Town, oh man, does Ottawa take their baseball seriously.

And, while I've taken hundreds of photos of Parker playing baseball (coach pitch), at his last game I recorded a few of his awesome baseball skills.



We joke with the other parents that coaching 5/6/7 year olds in baseball is a little like 'herding cats'.



I've also learned the three most important things to teach these 5/6/7 year olds about baseball:

1. Don't play in the dirt.

2. Run toward first base...not third, not the pitcher, but first base.

3. Don't pick the dandelions.

I know, I know, there are a few other rules....like when you get a grounder, throw it to first, keep your eye on the ball, and listen to your coach (who also happens to be your dad).

As you can see from the videos, Parker is a great hitter.  He's good at getting the grounders.  He loves yet another sport.

We've got many more days at the ball park this summer and I can't wait to see how this season goes.

{You'll notice that little bro had to get in on the huddle.  I love it.}

No comments: