Monday, June 3, 2013

The Color Craze

I did the official Color Run last July and I really enjoyed it.  So, when the board I chair (Communities in Schools of Ottawa) decided to organize their own version of the Color Run, I was so so so excited.  We called it the Communities in Schools 5K Color Craze Fun Run - because that's just what it was - a fun run!



Little did we know just how amazing this race would be for our little community.



Or, just how much we would raise for CIS of Ottawa.


It  was a small run (with just over 250 participants), but I think that made it even more fun...more color to go around!

And, because it was so small, that 'color party' after the race, became quite a fun party for the kiddos who participated.


I love living in a community where people come together and support local organizations...and where local organizations get creative in their fund raising efforts.  




Thank you to everyone who came out to run at the CIS Color Craze - You made a special day much more colorful!





No comments: