Friday, October 29, 2010

Getting Ready for Halloween!

This week we've been getting geared up for Halloween at our house. I brought out the Halloween candy....we get one treat each night after dinner, we put out our "scary" decorations (Parker loves these and especially loves our neighbors awesome decorations), made sure I had everything for Parker's costume, and then I brought out Parker's costume.

The Meltdown...This happened on Tuesday. On Tuesday evening, Parker told me that he "really didn't like Dash" (from The Incredibles...one of his favorite movies) and that he thought he would "just watch Bella be a Pumpkin for Halloween." So...I calmly asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween and he said he wanted to be a Pumpkin like Bella. My heart dropped...there's only 4 days until Halloween and my son changed his mind!! I am such a planner and usually I've got it all worked out at least two months in advance...what was I going to do!!??

So...on Wednesday, I drove to Lawrence and searched and searched for a costume for Parker. LUCKILY...I am VERY LUCKY!! At Target (where I was returning the Dash costume), I found a PUMPKIN costume for a toddler just Parker's size. It is ADORABLE and I am secretly thankful that Parker changed his mind! He will be the most adorable "Great Pumpkin" on Halloween!

Making Cookies!!
A tradition of mine growing up was helping mom make sugar cookies with frosting (one of my favorite treats) before almost every holiday. This is the first year that I thought Parker would understand and have fun helping me, so yesterday, we pulled out the cookie dough (that I made the night before) and had at it! It was so much fun and we definately made a floury mess while cutting them out! After sprinkling and baking the cookies, we let them cool and then we got to frost them! I had made all different colors of frosting, but Parker's favorite was the "witch frosting", which was my attempt to make black frosting, but it turned out more like a witches green. They are the cutest Halloween cookies you'll ever see and they are delicious! For those of you that know me...I'm not always the most patient baker, but this was so much fun, I'm ready for the Christmas cookies!




No comments: