Monday, July 9, 2012

The Farmstead

At first I thought, 'So what, we feed goats, see chickens, and go exploring at the farm at least once a month...what's the big deal with Deanna Rose?' 

My friend Joy asked us to go with them to the Farmstead last week and I was skeptical.  It was over 100 degrees that day, the day after the holiday {usually means cranky kids}, and I wasn't sure just how special this place would be to my kids who go to 'the farm' often.

But, we got there, and we immediately fell in love with Deanna Rose.

 Parker was so excited to be spending the day with his 'girl' friends.  He loves his friends and this day was very special!

I love this photo of the 'big' kids looking at the map.  Parker, Quinn, and Addison were saying, "We are over here and here's where the cows are..."  We didn't have the heart to tell them they were waaaaay off.

{In my head, I kept saying, "I gotta have more cowbell!"}

Kinsley and Andrew had fun too.  Andrew slept for the first half, but woke up happy {and sweaty}.  How could you not wake up happy with Kinsley by your side!

Such pretty girls and sweet friends!

Quinn was excited about something!

The tee pee.  Parker thought it was super cool.  Meanwhile, the girls were trying to figure out how to swing from the rope holding it all together...hmmm.


Oh my.  Melt my heart.  These three are such special friends...I can't wait to show these photos at their high school graduation party.  Or maybe a wedding?!  He he.

Oh. My. Goodness.  Kinsley is such a cheeseball!  She loves the camera and every time I pulled it out she would stop, pose, and say 'cheese'.  Such a sweetheart.  Andrew was out.

The kids rode the pony.  But, don't you dare tell Parker that he rode a pony.  He was mad..."Mom, boys don't ride ponies.  Only girls ride ponies.  This one is a horse."  Yep.  You got it buddy. That is a horse.  This is Quinn riding the pony {I mean horse}.

Next was Addi's turn.

And, finally, Parker.  I told him that if he let the ladies go first, he would get to ride longer.  Good thing my guy still has no concept of time or distance {or what a sneaky momma he has}.

Andrew woke up and was immediately out of the stroller.  Off to ride on a tractor!


 
Parker biked on a tractor as well.  But, his legs were a little long.  It's moments like these that I realize just how big my guys are getting.  Stop growing bigger...or at least slow down a little!

This may have been one of the boy's favorite activities of the day.  Running through the giant sprinkler.  At first I objected, but it was 105 out and man, did I want to run through that sprinkler with them!  Good thing I had to go and rescue Andrew...he didn't want to leave the sprinkler.

 
Addi, Quinn, Kinsley, and Andrew got a good look at the ducks.  One of Andrew's favorite words.  Duck.  He sees a goose, it's a duck.  He spots a Robin in the back yard, it's a duck, he saw the chickens...yep, they are also ducks.

Kinsley is all smiles.



More Water!



 Sweet friends...Andrew wouldn't turn around.

Quinn is so pretty!  {All of these girls are!}

Andrew followed Quinn everywhere.

Parker told me that this goat was talking to them.  I wonder what he was saying?

At the butterfly garden.

There weren't any butterflies {they knew it was too hot!} but we had fun anyways!





Brothers.

What is it about feeding animals that we love so much.  Fed the baby goats.  Check!  Fed the ducks. Check!  Fed the big goats.  Check!  Fed the fish.  Check!


Thanks Joy, for inviting us along!  And, although I think we probably drank 5 gallons of water that afternoon, we were having too much fun to notice the heat.  We've already got another trip planned this fall...oh, how I love these adventures with the kiddos!

No comments: