Monday, April 11, 2011

Waking Up Happy

Do you ever have mornings where you wake up and you FEEL like it's going to be a wonderful day? And....on the flip side, do you ever wake up feeling groggy, grouchy, and wishing you could crawl back in bed and sleep for a few more hours? As a (new) mom (for the 2nd time), I know that sleep is a rarity and I am definitely lacking in the sleep department, but lately I've been waking up in the mornings (for the 2nd or 3rd time....often the first "wake up call" comes at 2:00 am, then another at 4:00 am, and maybe one more at 6:00 am), feeling completely ready for my day! This hasn't always been true for me and Brandon can agree with that!

But, here in the past week I've added one more ritual to my morning routine-

I am the first one in my house to "get up" for the day...usually around 5:45 am...and I have been just barely crawling out of bed and walking groggily into the bathroom to start my shower. But, throughout the past week or so, I've done something before that. I've given myself a pep talk and here's what I tell myself:

"I am going to smile more today. This morning we are not going to be rushed before heading out the door and I am going to LOVE every minute of my time with my family before I leave for work. I am going to remember my blessings and whenever I get frustrated, I will look at pictures of my boys and stay grounded and peaceful. Today I am going to be nice....especially to my husband who does so much for his family and who I love so much (so why don't I always act like it?). I am going to laugh and read and share my story with others. I will be productive, but still take time out of my day to read to my kids, play games, and get some fresh air. Today I will smile more and feel good about everything that I do."

Maybe it's my pep talk, maybe it's the beautiful weather we've been having, or maybe it's because right now I feel on top of the world excited because of my beautiful little family....but, I feel good. Today I feel blessed and happy. Today I was excited to get up and get the day started...not tired or run down, but excited for what the day had in store for me! It all begins with waking up happy! (I've noticed too that if Mom is happy, everyone is happy!)

And...who wouldn't be happy waking up to these boy's smiles every morning!!



Just for fun, here are some pictures of Andrew enjoying his exersaucer!


No comments: