Friday, August 19, 2011

Pray for This Family

I've never done this before. I've never sent out a prayer request or asked for others to pray for myself or my family. I usually keep these thoughts inside and silently ask for Him to help whoever is in need. But, this family has pulled at my heart, my emotions, and my inner thoughts for this family are so strong that I need your help...I need you to pray for this family, for their sweet baby boy, and most importantly, for this young family, the doctors, and this baby boy to find strength and peace in what He has planned for his life.

This family is young, like mine. They just had a baby....like we did 9 months ago. And, this baby is in the NICU. My bond toward this family is two-fold: This father in this family is the son of two of my volunteers at the University and two people that I have grown to consider friends in the Ottawa community. The other reason: My heart aches for what they are going through. Just 9 months ago, we were also in the NICU...the difference between our two families...I knew we would one day go home with our baby boy and that he would be healthy. I count my blessings.

I am asking you, as my friend, to read this family's blog (http://mandypelton.blogspot.com/). Please read their story. I will warn you: It isn't easy to read. It makes me cry, it makes me frustrated with Him for allowing this to happen to an innocent baby, it makes me yearn to hold my own children, it makes me want to reach out to this family...who doesn't even know I am here, it makes me want to call them...to let them know that they have prayers and good thoughts heading their way. But, all I can do is silently pray for them and share their story for others to do the same.

I pray for peace for this family. I pray for the knowledge of the doctors helping this baby boy. I pray for my friends whose new grandson, son, daughter-in-law, and older grandson, all need them to be strong and willing. I pray for health, for healing, and for this son to one day go home with his mom, dad, and brother. Please join me in praying for this family.

No comments: