Monday, October 10, 2011

The Perfect Pumpkin

Every year we head out to Pome on the Range to celebrate this wonderful season!



We enjoy the food, feed the ducks, jump on the moon bounce, drink apple cidar slushes, eat delicious sugar cookies, feed the ducks again, and then we climb aboard the hay wagon to be pulled out to the pumpkin patch by the horse drawn wagon.



This year was so much fun! Not only was it little Bubba's first trip to the pumpkin patch, but we also met up with a friend of ours from our days in Pittsburg, Meghann and her son Wyatt.



When we got out to the pumpkin patch, Parker looked up at Brandon and said, "I am going to find the perfect pumpkin!"



Two seconds later he exclaimed, "Found it!"



Little Bubba absolutely loved the pumpkins! He wanted to touch all of them and climb around in the vines (I was thankful that I decided to dress everyone in jeans, even though it was 86 degrees outside). I loved watching him explore the pumpkin patch...I think he may have been searching for his perfect pumpkin too!



And, although it was super hot and very windy...we enjoyed our day at the pumpkin patch. We enjoyed the company of my friend Meghann and our new friend Wyatt, we enjoyed the crisp fall air, we enjoyed the laughs of all of the kids running around that day, we enjoyed the apple cidar and cookies, we enjoyed the ducks, the slide, and all of the pumpkins, the mums, the leaves, and the horse-drawn hay wagons (Actually, I think they were being pulled by over-sized mules...but, horse sounds better).



But, the true sign of a fun fall day....a fall day with little boys...is the tangles in my hair from being windblown all afternoon, the dirt on my shoes as I climbed out of the car, the stickiness on my fingers from the apples and cookies, the soreness in my legs from walking through the pumpkin patch and chasing after my crazy boys, the grass that I found in Andrew's diaper as I got him ready for his bath, dirt caked into Parker's finger nails, the bits of food I found in Andrew's hair, the super long nap all of the boys took in the car, and the best part of the day...Parker and Andrew standing back and admiring their 'perfect pumpkins' as we put them on the front porch for everyone to see, smiling and giggling about all of the fun we had at the pumpkin patch!

No comments: