Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Sick Baby Boy

There's no worse feeling for a Mom than seeing your baby with sad, feverish eyes, skin that is on fire, chills that make his jaw shake, mixed with no appetite....and a limp, sleepy body. My sweet Andrew has been sick since Sunday- a fever over 101 degrees every minute of the day, with no relief from Advil and Tylenol. Diagnosed with a sinus infection, my mother's instinct is telling me that's not the case....but, what can I do? I am praying that the medicine he was prescribed on Monday starts to kick in and he can kick this nasty bug fast!!

We've spent many hours snuggled up in our favorite chair....sleeping, watching cartoons, and waiting this out, hoping that the fever will break with every passing minute. My plan: Besides hoping that the sinus infection medicine starts working, I'm hoping my Mommy love will cure my baby boy. But, knowing that won't do...I'm also taking him to the doctor (again) tomorrow morning. I am hoping that tonight he will sleep. Not just for a few hours, but all night. He needs it. I need it. Parker needs it. My mom needs it. We need a little relief from my sluggish, sick, clingy baby boy.

Another kicker to by baby boy being sick is that Brandon is out of town. He feels awful. He wants to be here too. He can't wait to be home. Missing him terribly, or as Parker said this morning: "Mom, I TOTALLY miss dad!" We can't wait for him to be home!

You see, Andrew turns 1 year old on Sunday and we want him to be healthy to celebrate this amazing milestone. And, although the hours of party planning I had on my schedule for this week have been pushed aside to rock, snuggle, and sleep with my baby boy, we can't wait to show Andrew just what happens on a Riffel family birthday...especially your first birthday!

So, get well my baby boy. We love you and want you to feel better so badly!!!

No comments: