Friday, March 8, 2013

Gymnastics {Take Two}

Tuesday night was Family Night at gymnastics.


(My little man is on the left end...second from the end for part of the video and then they jump so much he ends up on the end!)

If you remember, in December, Parker had quite a bit of stage fright during his gymnastics performance.



Maybe it was the crowd (it was rather intimidating) or maybe he just wasn't in the mood to do gymnastics to music....that last performance was not my Parker.  But, Family Night....that's a whole new story for my guy.



Parker balanced on the balance beam.  He did forward roll after forward roll.  He hung onto the bar, did a pike on the bar, showed me his jumping skills, and gave his coach a hundred high fives that night. My favorite part - his smiles.  His pride in his new skills.  Every time he said, 'Mom, did you see that?!' 



I'll admit.  After that performance (or lack thereof) in December, I was hesitant to return to our local gymnastics program.  I thought maybe there were too many kids in the class.  Maybe it just wasn't Parker's thing.  But, he wanted to keep going - I mean, really, he loves the classes, but just didn't like that whole performing in front of hundreds of people thing.  I can't blame him.

So, in true Parker fashion, he kept going and trying.  And, because the parents can't watch every night, I really had no idea what he was up to every Tuesday evening from 6 to 6:30.  We'd talk about it, but he was never overly excited about it and basically his favorite part of the class has always been getting to see his best buddy. 

I am so thankful for this Parent's Night.  I got to see Parker's vast improvements from last September and I am so glad that I kept him in the class.  I know these videos don't seem like much, but you gotta love a bunch of five year olds doin' their gymnastics.  Right?!

Now...little bubs loves going to Parker's gymnastics class. In fact, I couldn't bring him with us to Family Night because he would be so sad that he couldn't get out there and 'perform' with his big bro.  But, he had fun with his buddy Ethan that night and I am thankful for my friend and neighbor for making it possible for me to attend Parker's Family Night (Brandon was at a soccer coaches meeting and couldn't be there either).

Whew.  Do we sound busy enough? 

I tell ya - I love this.  I love getting out and allowing the boys to try new things and burn off some energy. This is one part of being a Momma that makes me smile, reminisce, and 'live' through my kids.

This weekend will be wonderful and I hope you all get out to enjoy this beautiful weather and let your littles run off some of their 'snow energy'!  Happy Friday my friends!


No comments: