Friday, March 1, 2013

Five and a Half...


What?!

{Parker and some of his friends at Pajama and Pillows Day at preschool}

This guy is already five and a half?!

{Parker and one of his best buds on Pajama Day}

It seems like just yesterday we were Wiping Out on Parker's 5th birthday.

{Parker at the basketball clinic he attended in February}

But, strangely enough, six months have passed us by and he's already half a year (and 10 days) older.

{Shootin' hoops with his friends}

My big guy is one amazing dude.

And, in case you didn't know, I'm not the only one who thinks so.  I just have to share with you what our wonderful daycare provider wrote in Parker's daily update this week:

"Parker has a heart of gold. He is very helpful. He is sincere with what he does & to boot
he’s extraordinarily smart! I have a Chicka Chicka 123 book & he can count to 100 by
looking @ the numbers! You have a very special boy. (Both of them!) Thank you for sharing them
with me. It means a lot that you have entrusted me with them!"


I tear up every time I read it.  Know why?  Because she nails it.  Right on the head.


My sweet boy does have a true heart of gold.  He is extremely helpful and strives to do his best in all that he does.  He is the most sincere person I know.  And he's honest.  He wears his heart on his sleeve and will let you know exactly how he feels by the look on his face or with his thoughtful words.  He is intelligent...not just smart...but, intelligent. 

He is a lover.  And, he loves his mom, dad, brother, family, friends, and even his dog, more than anything else in this whole world.


If you give Parker a task or a chore.  He wants more than anything to please and he will do it perfectly even if it takes a few tries.

{You'll notice Parker is with his sweet friend - with the pink shirt - in most of these photos...I adore all of his friends, but Ms. Pink Shirt is one of my favorites!}

He is a negotiator...and a fine one at that.

{This was on Valentine's Day.  We bought the boys Legos and they were so excited...but I had also made them each a special blanket and they always have these blankets with them.  I love that.}

He wants everyone around him to be happy, to feel included, and to have a fair chance at what this world has to offer.


In fact, just this morning, as I was upstairs getting ready for the day, I heard him saying these words to his little brother:

"Here, Andrew, let me help you with that....oh, you want to watch Super Hero Squad...Hulk?  Okay, Bubba can turn it on for you....Now you want the iPad...here, I was playing this game, but you can have it if you want to play.  Okay, Andrew, Bubba will help you with that too {I'm afraid they were sneaking into the chocolate kisses at this point)."


See what I'm sayin'?

He is very sweet.

He is five and a half.

With Kindergarten Round-Up just around the corner and a Preschool Graduation to attend in May, I can't help but feel a little ache in my heart and wishful thinking that we could rewind just a bit and maybe keep the clock from ticking any further toward Parker turning six.

But, it's inevitable, and as much as I want to stop {or even turn back} time, I know that what the future holds for this little man has so much within it and it turns my heartache for little man Parker to amazing excitement for big man Parker.

I love you, my five and a half year old boy and I am one lucky Momma to have brought you into this world!

No comments: