Sunday, June 26, 2011

Date Night!

We had the perfect date!! One of my favorite little guys asked me to go with him to see Cars 2 this weekend and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect gentleman to go out to the movies with!

On Friday night, I mentioned to Parker that Cars 2 was at the movie theater (I wasn't sure if he was interested in it or not...you see...we don't have regular TV, so we don't see the commercials like other kids do, so I wasn't even sure if he knew about it!) and so I asked him if he wanted to go with dad to see it on Saturday.

His response...."But Mom, I would really like to go see Cars 2 with you." He was so excited when I told him I would love to go with him (for some reason, I just assumed he would want to go with Brandon).

This is only the second time Parker has been in a movie theater- we went to see Toy Story 3 last year- and when we pulled up at the mega movie theater, AMC 30 in Olathe, his eyes got about as big as the theater! We went in, got our goodies (popcorn and Reese's Pieces) and then we had to wait in line to get into the theater. Now, you would think most little boys would be very impatient at this point...not my Parker...he managed to make a new little friend in line and they chatted about many different things- how they were both scared of the hand drier in the bathroom, what kind of candy they picked out, what birthday party they were planning on having- it was so fun to see Parker socializing with a little boy he'd never even met before! Always making friends!

I let Parker pick out the seat...even though it wasn't quite centered enough for me and we waiting (about 20 minutes) for the movie to get started. Now, I would have loved to have had my awesome Canon camera at the theater to document our every step, but I thought Brandon would have teased me for days about it, so all I have is this photo from my phone (no, I wasn't the only Mom doing this) and it's not a very good photo because it was so stinkin dark in there! But here is my attempt...



Even though there aren't 200 photos to document it, we had a fun date together! Parker enjoyed the movie (although he had a lot of questions about the plot and all of the car spies) and he got drowsey about half way through because it was so dark...but, after the movie, he was happy...a happy little guy to have spent an evening alone with Mom at the movies! I hope he always enjoys going on "dates" with me!

No comments: