Monday, February 20, 2012

Catching Up

Has it really been a week since I last posted? Wow...where has the time gone? Let's play catch-up, shall we?

We celebrated a couple of special birthdays- Happy 7th birthday, Avery! And, happy birthday to my dad and Brandon's mom!



We played in the snow...and the boys and Bella {and Brandon and I} LOVED it...







We've played games together...




We've watched plenty of Blue's Clues {and Parker's favorite, Wipeout}...



We had our very first 'Family Movie Night' with Andrew staying up to watch the entire movie...




We visited the farm to meet the new kids...




And, we've definitely been focusing on 'Simplifying' our lives by enjoying all of these 'small' moments in our lives.



So, while I kick myself for not writing more in the past week, I have to say...I love this new way of living for us. We've been able to focus on some pretty awesome parts of our life.

And...the best parts of our life just happen to be celebrating a special milestone today. Yep, it's the 20th. Andrew turns 15 months old today {and, of course, Parker is 4 years and 5 months old today}!!



Andrew is my spunky guy. He is an absolute doll and I love his chubby cheeks and his pouty lips. I love how Andrew wants to do everything that his big brother is doing, but when Parker tries to snuggle up close to Andrew, he wants nothing to do with it. I love Andrew's jibberish talk and the words I can actually understand that help us communicate. I love his kisses. I love his sweet hugs and how he always wants his Momma to hold him. I love it that Andrew no longer walks anywhere...he runs. I love how he flies his little airplane around the house and vrooms his car on the wood floor. I love it how everyday he learns something new and how everyday he amazes me with his sweet spunky personality and how he shows us his love everyday. I love it that he still wakes up in the middle of the night and says, "mommamommamomma" over and over again {okay...let's be real...I only love this about half the time}. I love it that he is so grown up, so independent, and so sweet to everyone he meets. I love his shy face and how his lips pout out when he is mad or frustrated. I love how his belly sticks out of every shirt he owns...even the shirts that he is swimming in everywhere else. I love how sturdy he is and how he holds his legs up and climbs up my leg, every time I put him down after holding him. I love it that he can't get enough of his Momma. And, most of all, I love that my Andrew is healthy and adorable and makes me proud every day. He is so much like his brother, yet they are certainly different....and I love that.



Happy birthday my sweet boys! I'm glad we had this day to 'catch-up'!

1 comment:

kjanedesigns said...

You know, I've never been big on tattoos, but I'm beginning to wonder if I need the word "simplify" permanently on my skin as a reminder!!! :)