Friday, February 24, 2012

Flashback Friday: Then & Now

Okay, so I put these two photos on Facebook the other day:

Parker at 16 months



Andrew at 15 months



Don't you think those are the two sweetest, most handsome little guys you've ever seen? I couldn't agree more!

I love doing this. I love looking back at the similarities and differences between my two boys. They both have the most amazing, big blue eyes. They both are so smart, so innocent and give so much love to our life. And, even though I've had plenty of people tell me how much they look alike...I tend to think they don't look too much alike {sure, you can tell they are brothers, but they don't look exactly alike} and I like it that they don't look exactly the same and , most importantly, that their personalities aren't really anything alike.

And, when I look at these two photos, my mind wanders back to when the photo of Parker was taken and I think about how much our lives have changed since then and how Parker and Andrew have brought so much into our lives.

{Parker at 16 months}


{Andrew...just last week}


I think about how hard we thought it was to raise one child, when it was only Parker, and how much harder it is with two little boys and how we couldn't have imagined just how much these two guys would bring to our life. I think about how far we've come in the dreams that Brandon and I share and how all of them seem to be coming true...and just how thankful we are for all of the blessings we receive.

So, on this 'Flashback Friday', I want you all to take a moment to think about 'then & now' and remember all of the good in your life, but also think about how this windy, roller coaster of life has brought you to today...and just how much today will also forever change you. I wish you all a fun weekend- do something that will change your life!

No comments: