Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine - You TOTALLY Rock!

With Parker's first Valentine's Day party coming up at preschool, I just couldn't stick with the average, everyday, run of the mill valentine you buy at your local grocery store. And, after studying Pinterest for a few hours, trying to come up with something special, that fit Parker's personality, and would be easy enough for this totally un-creative, busy Mom...I decided to use an idea I found on the the most addictive website known to woman-kind {Pinterest} and put my own spin on it.

Now, I'm definitely not a graphic designer, but I think I know enough to get by. I decided to design my own Valentine template for Parker's 'TOTALLY rockin', Pop Rock Valentines for his class. A couple of trips to the Dollar Tree to buy Pop Rocks {they sell them in 3 packs for $1}, Valentine's Day bags, and to make sure I had glue sticks...and we were ready to go!

Here's how they turned out.







{Please forgive the grainy photos...I only had my phone available...I'm sure you can all understand that the attention span of a 4 year old is short lived and I needed to take the photos fast! For a better view...take a look at the new header above.}

It's been fun to see how Parker writes the names on them and how he chooses to put hearts on them...some get more hearts {the girls} and some just get one. Either way, it's been a great craft for us to do together!

And, if you're interested, please feel free to use this pdf print off to make your own 'rockin' Valentines'.



Stay tuned...tonight we're making some special Valentine's Day cookies for Parker's Family Night at school tomorrow!

No comments: