Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Project {#253}

So, while we've got a gajillion spring projects on our to-do list, this is one that I've been wanting to do for about a year now.

Ever since Parker's room became an official 'big boy room', I've been thinking that his dresser needed a face-lift. This dresser belonged to my great-grandma and it definitely looks like a dresser a great-grandma would have, not a four year old little boy...don't you agree?




Here goes my first re-finish of a piece of furniture.

Now, I almost completed the entire project in one day...but, with the drying and the sanding, and then realizing that I hadn't purchased enough pulls, I couldn't get it all done today. But, here's a sneak peak of what I've been up to.







I'm going to be honest here. I was very nervous about this....I was afraid I would somehow ruin Parker's dresser, but after a few minutes of talking myself up, I sorta got excited about this project! And, I had no intention of completing as much as I did today...in fact, I think I'm almost done, and the best part- the hard work really only took a few hours.

All I needed was some sand paper, a couple of rags, new finish, and new pulls {which I purchased here}. It was super easy and I am in love with what it looks like! I can hardly wait to show you the entire finished project!!

And, the best part about this project is that Parker gets a whole new dresser for less than $60! Amazing!

Here's to checking things off of the Spring Project to-do list!

No comments: