Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Things, Continued...

First, let me just say that we had the best weekend!

You know those friends that you can go months {and sometimes even years} without seeing and then when you're reunited it seems like you were never apart? We got to see some of those friends this weekend. And we laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed...oh, how I love moments like this!

I also got to be a witness to the most beautiful wedding! It was just perfect for my friend Lilli!! Don't you love it when you can see one of your friends marry someone that they are just perfect for? And, as they are walking down the aisle and you turn to look at the groom, he is smiling and trying to hold back tears of happiness, just at the mere sight of the woman he is about to marry? Yep, it was one of those perfect moments where I got chills and I was overwhelmed with happiness for my sweet friend.

And, what's even more than this? Celebrating the birthday of my best friend's son, who turns three this week! Happy birthday Mason- you are such a blessing to our lives! We've loved watching you grow up {way too quickly, I must say} and you are so sweet and smart!!

We wore our green this weekend, we did our part on St. Patty's Day, but this year on St. Patrick's Day our focus was not on celebrating this green holiday...

Now, I know you're all asking....what is my number one, most favorite thing about spring this year? What is this excitement we want to share with you all?

Let me start with this: You know those dreams you have with your husband {or parents, or best friends, or kids, or just for yourself}...those dreams like buying a house, having kids, or a dog, getting your dream job, owning your own business, or just plan and simple happiness together? Well, Brandon and I have had a family dream for about 7 years now and we are so excited because it came true this weekend!

I think I've mentioned before that our family loves the outdoors {and most of you know this first-hand}. We love to go to Colorado. We love the mountains, the trees, the fresh air. We love being together in our own element, on our own time. We love to travel and see new places.

And, having two boys and strong family traditions of the 'great outdoors', we had this dream of one day owning our own camper to travel with our little family.

We are so excited....take a look at what we purchased on St. Patrick's Day...





In fact, we are so excited that last night, Parker and Brandon slept in the new digs...in the driveway.

We are so excited, that we invited all of the neighbor boys to come over and play and they seemed even more excited than we are about this new adventure. And, as they were climbing, having snacks, and planning out where they would all sleep on their first campout...I smiled.

This is the way memories are made. And, I can't wait!!

So, even though, I didn't have my camera out to take tons of photos of our new camper, here are a few that I managed to sneak in...











And, I'm sure you've all guessed what my new favorite spring thing is?! Camping with my sweet boys, of course!

No comments: