Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Pool

Pure excitement.  We don't always get to do things like this for our kids: do things that cause pure excitement.  We don't have many opportunities to get them something they thought they would only be able to get in their dreams.  Give them something that they point at in the toy magazine and they exclaim, "Mom, look at this!  This looks awesome!"  When I noticed that this swimming pool was on sale...that I had another $40 coupon for it...and a couple of gift cards for the store...it seemed like everything was telling me to go for it...buy that pool for your kiddos!   Who woulda thought a blow up swimming pool would do this for my boys.

But, I did it.  And, on Sunday, we surprised Parker and Andrew with their very own "wipeout" pool.



They slipped and slided and splashed and laughed so much.





{Look at that hottie husband of mine!}



Some buddies even came over to play.





The best part about this day.  These boys had no clue that we've had this in the basement for more than a week...they had no idea that we were waiting for this one moment, to watch their faces light up with excitement as we walked into the back yard and the 'new pool' was there.  Wow.

This is what I love about being a mom: Smiles.  Big ones.  Parker and Andrew's sweet smiles....they light up my world.




No comments: