Thursday, June 14, 2012

Zucchini

I love zucchini...zucchini and his brother yellow squash.  I don't usually post my kitchen creations, but I know there are a lot of gardens out there that are being over run with zucchini.  I've been experimenting with it and here are some of my favorites this week.

Zucchini Crisps


Don't laugh at my food photography.  My kitchen lighting must be yellow because these photos look very yellowy.  These zucchini crisps were delicious....and I ate...every. single. one....only allowing Brandon to have a few.
Here's all you gotta do:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

1. Line a cookie sheet or cake pan with foil and spray with cooking spray {vegetable oil or olive oil will work also}.

2. Cut your zucchini and/or yellow squash {I used one of each to add some color} into quarter inch slices and put them in a bowl.  Add some olive oil {enough to lightly coat the veggies}.

3. Mix together some Parmesan Cheese {the shredded kind} and bread crumbs {I used Peperidge Farms, but I think they're all the same}.  Use as much as you would like...

4. Coat the veggies with the crispy, cheese mixture {you could add salt and pepper if you'd like, but I didn't...I don't like to add salt to things...just one of my things}.

5. Place the veggies on the foil lined pan and bake for about 20 minutes {maybe 25 minutes}.

6. Enjoy!

Ingredient List:
Zucchini and Yellow Squash
Olive Oil
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Bread Crumbs
Salt/Pepper to Taste
Super Easy!!

Chicken Zucchini Pasta

This is an old family recipe.  Well, really, my mom used to make this for me when I was a super healthy high school athlete....who wouldn't eat red meat....and never drank pop...so, this is a super healthy recipe, full of deliciousness!

1. Grab a skillet, pour in some olive oil {can you tell I love olive oil?}, turn on the heat {medium to high} and add a little minced garlic...or a lot of minced garlic.

2.  Cut up your zucchini - bite sized pieces.  Put it in the skillet.




3. Get some chicken breasts and cut up into cubes...once again, bite sized cubes will work best.


4. Simmer the chicken and zucchini together until the chicken is done.  You can also add some onion or spinach...


5. Cook up some noodles {I made spaghetti noodles....my kids do not share my love of zucchini so they had spaghetti}.  Once the noodles are done, you can toss them in olive oil, lemon juice, white wine, whatever sounds good...I like all of the above.

6. Put it on a plate and add some Parmesan Cheese to top it off....I am generous with the cheese...I love it.

7. Pour a glass of wine and enjoy!

Thanks mom, for teaching me how to make this.  I could live off of it.  Forever.

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts
Zucchini/Yellow Squash
Olive Oil
Garlic {fresh is best}
Lemon Juice
White Wine
Parmesan Cheese

You'll notice that I didn't use measurements on any of these....I don't measure things.  I like to fix this stuff to taste, so if it tastes good, go with it.  Make it your own. 

Enjoy your day!  I am headed to the fridge to pull out some leftovers.  Yummo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My stomach is growling! I want to make the baked veggies tonight and I really miss that dish that mom used to make. yummmmmm

Aunt April