Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Best Buds

It's no secret that my little guys love their friends.  Every day Parker asks what kind of a 'day' it is going to be - a 'stay at home' day, a 'Sherry' day, a 'church' day, a 'swimming lesson' day...you get the picture.  I can see it in their eyes: They are desperately hoping that I'm going to say it's a 'friend' day...or an 'invite the neighbors over to play' day, or even a 'Sherry' day {when they get to play with some of their favorite friends}.


My boys love their buddies.  And, Caden and Mason, they just happen to be two of the very best buds of all.


You know those friends that, no matter how long it's been since you've seen them - a couple of weeks, a couple of months...or maybe even 6 months {eeek, where does the time go?!} - you start off right where you left off.  Those friends that make you laugh until your cheeks hurt.  Those friends that you call with the best of news {I can still remember calling Julie when I found out I was pregnant with both of my boys} and they are those friends that you call {or text} with the worst of news.  They are the friends that make you want the night to last forever and time to stand still because whenever you're together you are so content and happy in the moment.





Well, that's how we are with Caden and Mason's mom and dad...Justin and Julie.  So, you can see how my boys might choose Caden and Mason to be their very best buds.



These friends of ours live on the most beautiful farm.


{"C'mon, Andrew, don't you want to play in the water?"}


And, whenever we are out there, it's so serene and peaceful.



{Petey the Peacock lives out at the Hoffman farm.}




Especially when you can sit on the hammock with one of your very best friends and watch your boys squeal with laughter as they run through the sprinkler.

It's amazing.



Or, when you can try and try and try to talk your kids into gathering up their things to start to head home, but instead you find yourself thrown into the most adorable dance party you've ever seen.



Yep, that's the kid of 'best buds' we've got.  And, I love it that our friendship is carrying over to our kiddos and I know that they are going to be life long friends.  I can't wait to watch it all!

We love our sweet friends!

{And I can't wait to share these photos at their high school graduation parties and wedding receptions!}

**This beautiful farm that our friends own is currently for sale.  For more information about this country home and wonderful land, go here.

No comments: