Thursday, August 2, 2012

Evening at the K!

It was 105 degrees and we were all a little cranky {Andrew had not slept well the night before and the boys had an incredibly fun day with Aunt Dani...so they were tired}, but we had tickets and this was on our summer bucket list: to go to a Royal's Game!

Luckily, Aunt Dani and her {boy} friend decided to go with us.  Like I've said before, Aunt Dani makes everything better.

Parker's been asking all summer to go play miniature golf at the Royal's Game - and, that's just what we did upon entering the stadium.  Although I have no photos to prove our golf game, I did get this one of Parker pretending to eat the giant ice cream cone!


Andrew, on the other hand, was not in the mood for playing much of anything...that is, until he saw the carousel!


My little guy, when he's excited about something, he first throws his hands up in the air as a 'heck yeah, I want to do that', and then he gets a goofy little {sweet} grin on his face.  He does this when watching Toy Story or reading a good book.  He does it when he's eating a yummy cookie, and now we can add 'riding a carousel' to his list of happy moments.



 The boys hit the ball, ran the bases, played in the water, climbed on the playground, and for just a few minutes we watched a baseball game.







It was a great night.

I know I've been complaining about the heat.  I know I've been complaining that we're too busy and that I'm 'burnt out'.  But, this baseball thing, this is what summer is all about.  I guess I'll keep it on the bucket list for next year.  And, Aunt Dani and Brock {although I have no photos of you two}, you better count on being invited next year!



A special thank you to my sweet friend, Dana, for giving us our tickets to the Royals Game.  If you like to play golf, please consider playing in the Rodney White Foundation Golf Tournament this September - your participation will help to continue Rodney's legacy through this foundation.  For more information, check out this Facebook page.


No comments: