Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Phone Dump and {finally} Taking a Breather

Whew!  Does anyone else think August just flew by at like 100 mph?!  Or as Parker would say - "It was off like stinky socks!"

Yep, that it was.  

It's already Labor Day Weekend.  And, in honor of our annual Labor Day Weekend ritual of "taking a breather", we have absolutely no plans for this weekend.  Sure, we have haircuts tomorrow, I'd like to buy some fall flowers, I'll probably end up cleaning the house, we may do a little shopping, but definite plans: we have none.

It feels good.

Why does it feel so good to take a breather?

Because we've been going nonstop for a couple of weeks now and we need to slow it down....I think we'll go about 30 mph this weekend.  Instead of 100.

Here's to our Labor Day breather!  What do you have planned?

{Parker starts his 2nd year of preschool next week, gymnastics, and has his first soccer game of the season and we are so so so excited!  And, my sweet Andrew has some new tricks up his sleeve! Stay tuned!}

This is my very first Friday Phone Dump.  I think it's the first one because, normally, I have my Canon up in everyone's faces trying to get the best pics.  I haven't even had time for that...so, our memories from the past two weeks are stuck in my phone.  And, now I'm dumping them in the blog. I love my iPhone.


Oh yes.  The famous 'Chicks Dig Me' shirt.  Parker loved this shirt.  Now Andrew loves it...especially with no pants on.  Luckily the chicks do dig him...with or without his pants.


I {finally} had time to get all of Parker's school work from last year organized into a binder.  Thanks to my friend, Julie {who gave me this idea}, Parker work is now preserved in a three ring binder with cover sheets to protect it.  He is so smart and his schoolwork proves it!


First soccer practice!


We buried St. Joseph in our front yard.  I think it's a Catholic thing.  He is going to help us sell our house.  If it happens next week, Brandon said we will convert.  We do have someone looking at it...



We do this run every year and this year it ended up being on a Saturday morning when we didn't have the boys with us!  So, I got to run it without a jogging stroller {much easier}.  Great job, girls!



One of the perks of working on a college campus is that we get to go to all of the home football games, free of charge.  The first game was last Saturday - Go Braves!


Another perk?!  The wonderful students we get to work with!  This was their first day of school photo - we didn't have a chalk board.


And, last, but not least, we've had a special visitor at our house this week.  Miss Emme the dog has been staying with us while my in-laws are out of town.  We love Em and her silly personality.  


Happy Friday!  Enjoy your long weekend!



No comments: