Thursday, August 16, 2012

The {not so} Terrible Two's



My little Andrew is quite possibly the sweetest little boy on earth.  He loves his brother {and follows him every where}, he loves his Momma, he REALLY loves his Daaaaaaad, and he even loves his dog.  He loves to watch movies {yes, I have a 21 month old that watches movies...sue me}.  He loves to play outside, to run, run, run, and run some more.  He loves the water and is so independent that it makes my heart melt.  He is growing so tall and so smart and he is starting to work his words together to actually communicate with all of us.


Little Bubba is just what every family needs - a little spunk with a little sweet. 


So, lately, as Andrew's personality is starting to blossom, I've been worried about the 'terrible two's'.  Parker never had a case of the 'terrible two's'...his was more like the 'sassy four's'.



Let me tell you - Andrew can screech and holler and {as my friend Kendra writes about here} he has his fair share of WAF's {wild ass fits}.  They are wild.  He can kick his feet like no other and he can cry and sob and produce real tears if that's what's going to get him what he wants.

I know.  You can't believe it.  Just wait for nap time.  You'll see.



Parker never did that.  I think it's a second child thing.  I'm sure I did it...in fact, I know I did. 

This worries me - that Andrew is going to be my 'wild child'.  But, you know what I think totally outweighs this....the fact that we can handle it.  Andrew may have some 'terrible two's' coming up, but I am ready.  I've got my super mom power that is telling me I can take Andrew's second year and make it work - make it the best year yet.  I love two year olds.  It's always been my favorite age.


{Don't you just want to smooch him!}

So, bring it on.  Bring on the {not so} terrible two's.  We're ready. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrew looks like you when you were almost 2! He's your clone :)

Aunt April