Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Andrew's Favorite Meatballs

Andrew's faaaaavorite meal is meatballs.  Yep, it's a one food meal.  He loves them.  In fact, on Sunday I made two pounds of meatballs in the crock pot to keep in the freezer for those nights when I  know he's not gonna eat what I've made for dinner.  On Sunday Little Man ate 7 meatballs. 

I also love these meatballs because they are easy.  Sooooo easy.  And, they are pretty darn healthy.  Here, try them out:

Andrew's Favorite Meatballs

Ingredients:
1 lb of ground beef
1/4 cup of whole wheat Italian breadcrumbs
1 egg
2 tbsp. milk
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce {we like Prego Heart Smart sauce}



Mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, egg, and milk.  Mix it good.  With a fork and maybe even your hands.  Form this mixture into balls {you can decide on the size that you like your balls...ummm...meatballs}.



Now, I like to use the crock pot liners so that I can keep my new crock pot nice and shiny.  So, place the meatballs in your crockpot.  Pour the spaghetti sauce over the meatballs.  Turn your crock pot to high and cook for 3 hours.  Done.  Easy, right?

{Sorry, the boys were so eager to eat on Sunday, I didn't catch a pic of the finished meatballs.  I couldn't get them dished up fast enough!}

Enjoy your meatballs over pasta with some fresh grated parmesan cheese.  Add a salad, some garlic bread, and maybe even a glass of wine...or apple juice...since this is Andrew's favorite meal.

Sooooo good.  Sooooo easy.  Just how I like it!

No comments: