Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Goals for 2013

Okay, now that I've read all of your 'goals' for 2013, I am dying to share mine.  Yep, that's right, I don't have just one goal {now, what kind of overachiever would I be with just one goal}, I've got a list of 10 that I want to share.

But, first things first....I haven't shared any pics from our New Year's Eve bash!

Every year {since I can remember}, Brandon and I have spent New Year's Eve at home - oh, except for that year we were in Colorado with my family and went to that super scary bar in Leadville, CO.  We both get nervous on New Year's about the weather, crazy drivers {our own ability to drive after some good champagne and sleepiness}, and we love bringing in the New Year in simple ways with simple traditions.

So, this year, we {kind of at the last minute} decided to invite a few friends over, make some fondue, order pizza, buy some sparkling grape juice, and have a 'kid-friendly' New Year's Eve party.

It was fun and a little crazy, and we loved every minute of it.


Parker helped me decorate for the party.  Andrew helped pick out the decorations.  We had so much fun with it and I can't wait to do this again next year!



Idea: Blow up a bunch of balloons and fill up a couple of big trash bags.  Then, hang the trash bags from the ceiling to drop at midnight.  Reality: Not enough time before the party.  Dads who thought the Moms were crazy for having this idea.  Kids who just wanted to play and weren't worried about balloons.


I love this group of kiddos {and the siblings that were down playing with trains}.  I hope to have these friends over on New Year's Eve for many many years to come!






Fondue was a hit with Parker!!


I think Parker and Sydney were starting to get tired....


How many glasses {of wine} did you have, Joy?


At midnight {okay, it was really 10:30}, we took the older kids outside to make some noise for the New Year...


It was freezing cold, snowing, and the pots and pans we just had to take out to make some noise ended up being used like buckets to build snow castles...




Playing games!


Where the guys spent most of their time...


It was the perfect New Year's Eve and start to the New Year!

Now, onto The Riffel Family Goals for 2013:

1. Live in the Moment.

2. Run a Half Marathon. {This one is just for me - and my bestie- but it takes the whole family to make it possible!}

3. Cut out over-processed, sugar infused foods and buy organic, local, healthy {and yummy} foods. {More on this later.}

4. Be nicer to my husband {This one's just for me also!}.

5. Be in more photos.  {More on this later also.}

6. Visit Mount Rushmore.

7. Send Parker off to Kindergarten.

8. Potty Train Andrew.

9. Read more.

10.  And....drum roll....{ha ha, not really}, live and love life to the fullest each and every day!  If there's one thing that 2012 taught me, it's that life doesn't last forever.  Each day needs to be lived like it were your last {okay, this is probably impossible....but, you get what I'm sayin'}.  We are going to make sure we tell our family and friends everyday just how much we love and cherish them.

There you have it.  Now, you must hold me accountable.  Just kiddin'!

I hope that you all find ways to improve your life this year and I've enjoyed reading your goals for 2013 - I may have even taken a few of them on as my own.

Best wishes for you and your families in 2013 {even if it is already January 16th}!











1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love this! Such cute and fun ideas!

Which half are you going to run? I'm about ready to start training for one, as well! Last year I was training for the Rock n Roll half in San Diego when...surprise! We found out we were expecting. :) Now I need to pick another one to work towards!

Good luck with the goals!