Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Rock Chalk!


It's another right of passage for the Riffel/Davies families.  Trips to Allen Field House to cheer on the Jayhawks.

So, when Brandon and I decided that this was the year for Parker, I got my tail in gear and started scouting out tickets....stubhub, Craigslist, Ebay....none of them seemed to have what we wanted for our little man's first KU basketball experience.


Remembering that friends of ours have season tickets and that they traveled for the holidays, gave me an idea.  I thought I'd give it a shot...low and behold, our generous friends were out of town, had no one using their tickets, and thought Parker and Brandon should have them...we didn't realize how amazing these tickets were.


Seriously, Row 5?!


There's something magical about Allen Field House.  In my opinion, it's magical all of the time {even during those Dog Days workouts...my high school friends know what I'm talkin' about}, but it's especially wonderful during basketball season.  The chant.  Waving the Wheat.  Big Jay and Little Jay.  The chills you get as they announce the players.  The band.  The history.  The love of the sport.  It is absolutely amazing.

And, thanks to our friends, my little man {and big man} got to experience Parker's first game in incredible seats, and they had an incredible time.  This will be something they never forget.  Parker's first trip to Allen Field House....his first trip to see the Jayhawks.

Rock Chalk!



No comments: