Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Is It Summer Yet?"

It seems like every day Parker asks me if it is summer time yet? He knows that Spring comes first, but everyday he has a hope that it will be summer. So, today while I was going through his summer clothes...weeding out the shorts and t-shirts that are too small this year and adding his new summer clothes to his drawers, and while the snow flakes were falling outside, Parker came into the room and found his swimming trunks and swimming shirt and he asked if he could put them on. Wanting to see how cute he will look this summer, I told him that he could. As soon as he got the outfit on, he smiled real big and said to me, "Mom, is it summer time??!" I told him to look out the window...."Awwww, Mom, it's snowing." But, then my sweet boy smiled again and said, "But Mom, I will wear this when I swim in the back yard in my swimming pool!!" He said this with the biggest smile and while jumping up and down! Parker loves the snow, but he also loves the swimming pool and playing outside and we can't wait for the fun summer days to come!

On this snowy day, I hope this picture brightens your day and makes you think warm thoughts about summer time at the pool!

No comments: