Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The "Mean" Words

I just had to update the blog today- it seems like it's been way too long since I've written anything!! I have a couple posts in the works, with pictures, good stories, etc., but I just had to share this before it leaves my mind forever (like so many things are these days)!

This week is Spring Break. Sherry is closed this week, and I'm back at work (without any vacation or sick time left for a couple more weeks), so Brandon and my mom are splitting time watching the boys. I am jealous, I miss the boys, and I am very unproductive at work because I want to be outside with my boys enjoying the sunshine and beautiful weather. So, today, I needed to see them and I took an early lunch and headed home to check in on the boys.

As I was making lunch, Parker was watching A Bug's Life and at some point in the movie they said the word "stupid." Parker looked up at me and said, "Mom, they just said the word S-S-S....well, I don't say that word, but they do and it isn't very nice. Mom, that is a mean word."

Proof- that all of our preaching to Parker about "mean words" and being "nice" to people has paid off! Yeah! Good job, Parkey!

(Meanwhile, Andrew was talking to Brandon about all sorts of things....and then fell asleep having a bottle!) Just another day in the Riffel house!

No comments: