Saturday, September 10, 2011

Where Were You?

Where were you 10 years ago? Were you at work? Were you sleeping? Were you in class? Were you watching the news? I don't think any of us will ever forget where we were that day.



9/11 forever changed our lives. 9/11 is the most devastating event that my generation has ever witnessed.

I will never forget. I was in college and getting ready for class when my roomie came in to tell me that a plane had hit the world trade center. (Holly, do you remember this?) We both sat there in shock as the news continued to feed through the television set. We saw the second plane hit. Pure devastation. Pure sadness. Pure shock that someone would do this in the United States of America.



That day and the days that followed were heart wrenching. As a college student I was glued to CNN....I remember feeling overwhelmed with grief and heart ache for the heros that lost their lives that day. The families that lost their loved ones. This was something I'd never known....something I never imagined I'd ever see and something that I hope never happens again.

We will never forget.

Thank you to the men and women who are fighting for our freedom. The freedom that we lost a little of that day. And, to the men, women, and children that lost their lives on 9/11....words can't express what I feel for you.

Remember today. Remember to be thankful for our freedom.

2 comments:

happeningsofourhome said...

I do remember. Won't ever forget sitting on my bed in our apartment watching it all take place.

kjanedesigns said...

Loved this post!