Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wipeout: Birthday Edition

Some might say we go overboard with birthdays.

The boys getting everything set up.

But, what can I say?  We LOVE birthdays.

Ready to test it out...

To me there is no other day that should be BIGGER than your birthday.  Especially for my little guys.  I mean, c'mon, it's the day you were born.  The day, the Man upstairs decided you would become a little human being.


Birthdays are incredible.

 
So, a few months back, when my big guy asked me if he could have a Wipeout birthday party, the wheels started turning.
 
Andrew was ready for the party.
What is it about big balls?

I searched high and low {okay, basically on Pinterest} and I couldn't find anything, except for a few photos, of a Wipeout birthday party.

Love, love, loved this cake!

 So, we started from scratch...and yesterday...we celebrated.  Wipeout style.

The Grandmas got in on some Wipeout fun!

We had the best time.  Nervous at first that someone might get hurt, my anxiety quickly dissolved as I saw all of Parker's sweet little friends having the time of their lives.

Andrew loved the ball pit.

We had a slide, the big balls, and a ball pit to dive into, and it was awesome!

Cooper is ready to have his turn at Wipeout!

Parker woke up that day ready to go.  He was ready to get out there and set up his Wipeout course.  A little disappointment set in when he realized our entire backyard was not going to be full of water with the GIANT slides and big balls, but after he saw what we had planned, he was all over it.

Friends!

And, as soon as his friends started arriving, it was the best. birthday. ever.

Parker is ready to go!

He's five.  Well, not technically.  But, don't try to tell him that. 

Wipeout!

Caleb hurtles over the big balls!


Chloe had her turn!


I'm surprised the little pool survived Coopers Wipeouts!

Andrew loved celebrating with his big Bubs.

 And, it seems like, as soon as he blew out that candle, his whole demeanor changed.  He was walking a little taller, his tone in his voice changed to sound like he knew just what he was talking about, he became more tolerant of his brother, and he even drank an orange pop for the very first time.  A soda, as Parker would say.  Man, was he proud of that soda....yep, my child is five and he's never had a pop before.

Parker's going over...

Another Wipeout!

Parker's first taste of soda.

 I think he grew like a foot at his birthday party.  I think he is proud to be bigger.  I think this year of being five is going to be fabulous and fun, and full of great moments with my big guy.

We love our friends and family!

We're so thankful for all of our friends and family that joined us for Parker's birthday party.  I mean, really, I've never in all of my party planning days, had a party where everyone we invited actually showed up at the party.  This happened at this party.  Every one of Parker's little friends made it {or tried really hard to be there...poor Layton...his flight was delayed on his way back from a little vacation and he ended up not making it, but we'll make it up to him}.  It was an incredible day.

Wipeout: Birthday Edition was a success - Parker loved it.

And...don't get me started on this fabulous cake.  It was made by 'Just Sweets' and it was ahh-mazing!
 

Checking out the cake...which could have also been a toy, the kids loved it!

The sparkler candle wasn't as cool as I thought it would be...Parker couldn't blow it out!

 Perfect in every way.

Andrew was eating a big ball.

I love these guys!

Parker has so many wonderful friends!

I don't think I can describe in words how much fun these kids had.  I know, who would have thought that three red exercise balls, some tires, and a little ball pit would really be that fun.  But, it was.

We didn't even have the water turned on...it was a little chilly for that.  But, no one noticed.
Addison is good at doing tricks on the bar!

Everyone keeps telling me that this was such a great idea and that we did a great job of pulling it all together.  To be honest: It was completely Parker's idea.  And, it was super easy and fun to put together.

Parker, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your party.  This is what being a mom is all about - watching my boy live it up on his birthday.  Wipeout style.


Happy {early} Birthday to my Big Guy!




No comments: