Wednesday, February 9, 2011

BIG Boy!

You're probably thinking that I'm going to post another story about how big Parker is...you're wrong! My 11 (almost 12) week old Andrew is so BIG! He is growing so fast and changing so much that it is scary! Andrew weighs in at 14 pounds (in comparison...our 8 month old neighbor is 16 pounds)! This is a new thing for us...yes, Parker was big when he was born, but he slimmed up really fast...Andrew has rolls. I'm not talking about little baby rolls, but he has rolls everywhere- in his thighs, in his stomach, and even in his chubby little wrists!

Everyday there is something new about Andrew in his appearance and his personality- here are some examples:

Eyelashes: Andrew has the most amazing eyelashes....Parker does too, but the amazing thing about Andrew is that he was born with absolutely no eyelashes! All of a sudden they were just there!

Reddish Hair: In the sunlight (which we haven't seen much of lately...just snow!), Andrew's hair has a tint of red in it. Wouldn't it be so much fun to have a little redhead mixed in with all of the blondies in our family?! So cute!

Sleeping: Just in the past week, Andrew has extended his first round of sleep to almost 7 hours! This has been so refreshing for Brandon and I and we are super excited about it! Technically, this is considered "sleeping through the night", and we love it, but we are looking forward to the night when he sleeps for 10 or 12 hours straight! :)

SMILES!! There is something about a baby smiling at you that makes your heart melt and Andrew is full of smiles and coos that make me grin from ear to ear! He is the best baby and is always happy (unless he's hungry) and will lay on his play gym and talk and smile at me...not wanting to be held...and he kicks with delight with every story and smile he gives me!

Love: Andrew is starting to show who his favorites are in the house. And, while Brandon started out as Andrew's favorite, he has quickly become a Momma's boy. Only Mom knows how to soothes his cries and, although Brandon tries all the time, usually I get to comfort my baby boy when he is sad.

Playing: At first, I was worried about how our evening schedule would pan out with a little (big) boy and a baby boy. For the first couple of months, it seemed like the evenings were so crazy....trying to get dinner ready and eaten, spend time with Parker and Andrew, take baths, continue a bedtime routine for Parker, and get Andrew into a bedtime routine...but, now the boys actually play together. Well, kind of! I can be upstairs making dinner and Parker will entertain Andrew! It is amazing how these two boys get along and how sweet they are to each other. The evenings have gotten much easier because Andrew is learning how to interact and play with Parker!!

Andrew will be 12 weeks on Saturday- almost 3 months old and I can't believe it! I am torn in my feelings though- part of me can't imagine our lives before Andrew and part of me can't believe it's already been 12 weeks!! So, here's an update on my BIG bundle of joy and all of the joy he is bringing to our lives! There are many more milestones to come and I can't wait to share them all with you!

Wrist rolls!! So cute!



Telling me a fun story!

No comments: