Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Making "Balentines"

With Valentines Day right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to make our Valentine's Day cards this year. Parker loves all arts and crafts and I just bought him his own pair of scissors. One of his favorite things to do is cut paper....he likes to cut paper into the smallest possible pieces...which isn't always fun to clean up, but it keeps his attention for hours, so we let him do it! I thought this year he would have fun making cards for his friends at Sherry's house and for his cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents. We started out good- I cut out some hearts for him and he was gluing and glittering his paper...when all of a sudden he said, "Mom, mine is a machine...." and he went on to explain to me what his machine did and how it worked. He then created another machine, and another machine, and another machine. He then told me, "Mom, I would rather make machines than Balentines. I am not very good at making hearts, but I am good at making machines." Who could argue with that?!

So, all of Parker's friends and family will not be getting hearts this year, but they will be getting some very detailed drawings of machines. This is fine with me- there's a lot of love put into making those machines!

Parker is excited to start our craft night!




Cutting with his new scissors- look at how good he is at holding scissors...



One of Parker's machines. Pretty good!



I love you Mom!

No comments: