Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

It's back to work I go, but not for another MONTH! Putting this into words is kind of bittersweet- I have truly treasured this extended time I've had off from work to spend with my family. This was especially nice with Andrew's short stay in the NICU and it has given me time alone to bond with Andrew as well as time to introduce Parker to his new life as a big brother. I am so thankful for the University for letting me have this extended, paid time off (a total of 15 weeks)!! It means more to me than anything!!

I can't wait for the next month and I know the time will fly by - March 1st will be here before I know it...but, I am also looking forward to our family starting our lifelong routine, where Brandon and I go to work everyday and the boys go to daycare...because I know this is our reality and I love it! I kind of feel like March 1st is the beginning of the rest of our life, where we will be in our real life! I absolutely love my family, I love my job at the University, I treasure our daycare provider (who is like family to us), and I love it that I can count on the fact that Andrew, just like Parker, will love Sherry and make new "buddies" at her house.

So, while I love this time at home and I wouldn't trade it for the world, I am excited for the next chapter of our life...there is so much to come in this next year and I am so excited for what the future holds for us. Next year at this time, our family will be so different- Andrew will be walking (What!? It happens so fast!), Parker will have gone to his first year of preschool (Can he really be that old?!), and we will have survived our first year of having two kids! Crazy!

I know it's all going to happen so fast, so this next month is my time....my time to relax and have hours of fun and snuggles with my boys, and I feel like it's my time to catch up on being a mom! For the next month, you can find me with these monkeys- day and night! (Grandma's- you're more than welcome to take them for a day...if you want to monkey around!)




No comments: