Sunday, November 4, 2012

Giving Thanks - Days 3 and 4

Day 3

Yesterday I was so so so so so thankful for a healthy body that allowed me to run in The Glow Run.  I love running.  I know that sounds weird, but I do.  It's the only time when I feel completely in control and I can forget about everything else going on and concentrate on the little things, like breathing, and moving my legs, and making it up the huge hill on Iowa Steet in Lawrence that we ran up.

Something else I was thankful for yesterday....my sweet friends that keep me motivated and keep me running.  These girls are rockstars.  I'm just glad I've found some friends that love running like I do!  And, they're fast.  And a lot of fun.


Oh, and my husband, who always agrees to do these crazy runs with me, but who I know secretly thinks I'm crazy for wanting to do them.

Day 4

Today, I am thankful for our Westminster family.  Going to church on Sunday is like pressing the 'reset' button for me.  It clears my mind.  It clears my soul.  It makes me feel good.  I am so thankful for all of these things, but more than that, I'm thankful for all of the welcoming smiles that surround us as we enter the doors of the church.  I am thankful for all of the young families that we've become friends with because of this church.  I am thankful to have WPC in my life.




No comments: