Friday, November 16, 2012

Turning Two

We are celebrating my baby boy's second birthday tomorrow.  Words can't describe the craziness going on in my head right now.  I think I'm almost in denial {I would say that I am totally in denial, except for the fact that I am so excited to celebrate his big day with all of our family and friends tomorrow.  He is such a loved boy}.  Tomorrow will be a wonderful day.  Andrew is going to love it and I can't wait to see his face light up when he figures out that it is a party just for him!


When I think about the early early morning that Andrew was born, I get a lump in my throat.


That was the scariest day of my life.


Oh okay, now I have tears.



But, thank goodness, today, those are tears of relief, of joy, and of happiness that I am sitting here, two years later...having just tucked my boy into bed...knowing that scary night is merely a memory and we've seen so many {727 to be exact} happy days since the morning of November 20, 2010.


Sometimes I go back and read what I wrote in the days following Andrew's birth.  And, I count my blessings every single time.


Although I can't believe that he's turning two, I am so so so excited about what being two means to Andrew.  He said it tonight in the car - I told Andrew that tomorrow we are going to have his birthday party and he is going to be two.  He looked at me and said: 'Beeeeiiig Boy.'


Yep, that's right Andrew, you are now Momma's big boy {but, you'll always be my baby}.


Thank you for making me a Momma to two boys.  I can't wait to see what this year of being two holds for you!



















No comments: