Monday, December 12, 2011

Day #12

There are so many wonderful things happening in our lives right now that are in the true spirit of Christmas...fellowship with our peers at work, walking around to take all of our neighbors goodies, church service that reminds us of why we celebrate Christmas and giving us a reminder not to 'loose' Christmas. I toyed with writing about all of these things.

I thought about writing about the adventures of Andrew and Parker as they are on Christmas break...spending time with grandparents, aunts, and cousins. (I will probably still write about this at some point in our Celebration of Christmas).

But, as I thought about today, December 12, 2011....this is what I will remember about today:

Three rolls of tape. Six rolls of wrapping paper. Three Christmas movies. And, five hours of my time....all spent wrapping up gifts for our family and friends.

When it comes to wrapping gifts, I am a little bit of a control freak (suprised?) and the moment I knew P and A were spending the night with grandma and grandpa, I set out to wrap all of our Christmas gifts! Brandon kept offering to help...but did I let him? No way! I picked out most (all) of these gifts, so by golly, I am going to wrap them all in my perfectionist, too much tape, fashion! (Don't worry, Brandon watched movies with me for five hours...and did the dishes and put some laundry away.)

So, Day #12 in our celebration of Christmas is, as I like to say, wrapped up!

There's nothing better than a Christmas tree with beautifully wrapped gifts underneath!

No comments: