Thursday, December 1, 2011

Slowing it Down

Happy December 1st! I love this time of year. I love how easy it is for me to 'slow it down' and enjoy all of the little moments we have. I love the Christmas Spirit that flows through our family and the time that we get to share in celebration of Christmas. I love it that this year, I've made it my mission to not be running from here to there, trying to do it all, but rather doing what's important and slowing down to take the time to be together as a family.

And, while some people are complaining about putting up their Christmas tree or doing their Christmas shopping (yes, I've heard people complaining about all of these wonderful things about Christmas), we are taking our time. We are enjoying these moments...and I've decided that we don't have to go to every Christmas party we're invited to and we don't have to spend oodles of money of every gift we buy...what matters to me right now is slowing it down a bit.

I challenge you to refocus this year. Don't stress out about getting the lights up or making sure every gift looks like it was wrapped like the photo you saw on Pinterest (although I think there are some adorable packages on there!). Make is special. Slow down this year and remember why we are celebrating Christmas and what it means to you.

Because of this....you may not see as many posts on the blog (just a little warning)...because, although writing the blog is therapeutic to me, this time of year there are so many other things that I can do to be happy.

Gotta run- Brandon just got home from Arizona and the boys are dying to see him!

Here are a coupole of my favorite pics from this week...just because the photos make this post so much more exciting!


(Parker in his tent that we made in the basement)


(Andrew thought he was pretty hot stuff with the Mickey ears on and sunglasses...priceless)

No comments: