Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Diaper Box

When I was pregnant with Andrew and even the first few months after he was born, I had these daydreams about he and Parker playing and laughing and loving each other. I envisioned them playing outside, snuggling up watching movies together, playing games, being silly with each other, playing together in the playroom, doing crafts together....etc, etc.

And, now that they finally do this together....it's not always just like I envisioned it. Usually there is some fighting over who gets to play with the favorite toy in that moment...at least five times a day, we 'loose the sweet Parker' (as I like to joke with him) and he takes toys from Andrew...also at least five times a day, Andrew will hit Parker over the head with a hard, plastic toy...and, usually, this Momma, will loose her patience and tell the boys to go to their rooms and think about what they've just done.

It's moments like these that make our family a normal family. It allows our boys to learn about 'getting along' and it provides many learning opportunities (that's my nice way of saying discipline opportunities) for the little guys to learn the ways of life...like sharing...and not bonking each other on the head.

And, when I see something like this happening....



It makes me thankful for all of the other moments. Because without those crazy moments, this sweet one wouldn't seem quite as special as it truly is. Sweet brothers....playing together...even if it is a diaper box that brought them together.

No comments: