Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Challenge Update

It's been 14 days now and I haven't purchased anything online! So proud of myself. I've deleted hundreds of emails from my favorite shops trying to lure me onto their website and I've thought of many things that I would love to purchase, but I haven't....it's nice to take control of something and actually think about buying these things before I make one simple click and get it.

[Now...I will admit that I asked Brandon to buy a new lense for our camera because ours is broken and he had to use my Amazon account to do it. But, that's a necessity in my book. Plus, it wasn't me that clicked on 'buy'...so that doesn't count!]

The best part about this challenge: I am buying more and more items from our local retailers! For example, Parker has been asking and asking for tie shoes (not to be confused with Thai shoes...or Japanese shoes, or Mexican shoes) for a couple of months now. And, after he finally convinced me that he would use his new shoes to learn how to tie shoes, I caved in and decided to get some. But, wait a second here! Where will I buy these shoes if I can't get on my favorite Piperlime website to buy them??!!

Oh yeah. We've got a super awesome [sometimes more expensive] shoe store downtown! And, wouldn't you know...they had the perfect pair for Parker!


[As you can see, they've been worn everyday since then. Parker loves these shoes!]

And I had a great time going into that shoe shop....I picked out a few pairs for myself...had the cashier keep them in a registry....and told her that I'd send my husband in before Valentine's Day to pick them up for me! Now, that's some good shopping!

No comments: