Monday, January 16, 2012

Reminder

We've had quite a roller coaster going on here at our house lately.

First of all, Brandon and I have been blessed with WONDERFUL sleep. Yes, that's right, our two boys have been sleeping all night, in their own beds, without a peep, or a cry, or a scary dream about ceiling fans with eyes and noses...it's been awesome to wake up refreshed....not dreading the wee hours of the morning, but actually completely by-passing them and rolling over to snuggle my husband, rather than toes that have somehow made their way to my head. Bliss...pure bliss.

But, we've had a bit of the blues lately. I'm not sure why. Brandon and I have always felt extremely blessed, lucky, stable, and most importantly, loved, but for some reason lately we've been cutting each other short, finding the negative in a lot of things goin' on, and we've just been in a funk. You know that feeling?

Well, my remedy for that is always to talk about it...and we've been doing a lot of chatting lately. We've also been getting out...remember my theory on getting out of the house and enjoying some fresh air and sunshine? And, it's been helping, but then today, we got some disappointing news....news that could have gone either way, but went south for us. It's frustrating, and I am bitter, but instead of pouring out negativity, do you know what my husband did? He made me feel good about it. He reminded me of just how WONDERFUL our lives are, even with this sour news. He made me feel better (although, I'm still a little bitter) and he moved on. Smart husband.

And, tonight, while that smart husband went out to enjoy the KU game (Rock Chalk!), I drove home from Lawrence (of course we had to go to Lawrence and eat dinner with him, Papa, and Uncle Joe)....and as I was driving on awful 59 Hwy, with my two sweet boys in the backseat, I just about creamed a deer...and I was reminded of just how insignificant my little bitterness is in this world. That there is something out there greater than me...something that is leading our lives down one path, even when we think that path should have gone a different way.

So, this reminder is for me, more than anything. It's a reminder to stop and take it all in. Take in all of the WONDERFUL things happening around me. We are so blessed...there are too many to count or list or describe. Stop for a minute and thank God for this life He is leading us through. Just a little reminder.

No comments: