Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow!

Last night, Parker was so, so, so excited! But, after opening the backdoor and letting him run around the deck a couple of times...he reluctantly went to bed with hopes that in the morning there would be enough snow to play in.

I woke up first and looked outside...to be honest...I was disappointed in the amount of snow we got. I mean, c'mon, if it's going to be super freezing outside, we might as well have a good 5 inches of snow on the ground, if not more...at least, that's what I think.

So, Andrew and I waited and waited for Parker to wake up and when we started to hear a little rustling around in Parker's room, we braced ourselves for the disappointment that Parker would have when he walked to the backdoor to look at the snow.

I was completely wrong.

All of a sudden, Parker ran down the hall and said: 'Mom!! Mom!! There is snow ALL over the ground!" To say he was excited would be an understatement.

So, we all walked down to Parker's room, where he had pulled the blinds all the way up and I watched as Parker, Andrew, and even Bella, looked out the window with big eyes, full of pure excitement and anticipation.



Maybe that's why I love snow so much. It seems so magical and makes the world turn into this glittery white masterpiece of beautiful landscape. Plus, sledding, snowball fights, and snow forts....it doesn't get better than that!

Hopefully, there's more snow in the forecast this winter!

(And, by the way, I had a dozen photos of all three of my little ones looking out the window...but, unfortunately, our auto focus on the camera is broken and apparently, I can't focus very well.)

Happy Winter!

No comments: