Friday, January 6, 2012

Flashback Friday: Always Wear Clean Underwear

A few years ago, this was my New Year's resolution:



And, yes, I do always wear clean underwear, but that isn't what this book is really about. This book reminds us parents of the importance of having 'things' in order...just in case.

I know none of us want to think about the 'what if's'...if something were to happen to us...what would happen to our kids?

But, this book, it puts it all into perspective. The best part about the book is that is lays it all out there in a story format...yes, it's super scary to think about all of the scenarios outlined in the book, and yes, it's depressing, makes you feel sick to your stomach, makes you want to lock yourself up in a bubble...but, what it also gives you is a way to have peace of mind in knowing that if something were to happen to you, your spouse, or God forbid, both of you...your kids would be where you planned for them to be.

This book provides tips on little things you can do and huge things you can do to protect your family if the worst thing imaginable happens.

If you haven't done any type of estate planning, created documents to say exactly what should happen to your children if you aren't here, or if you haven't created a living will...you need to do these things...make it your resolution in 2012!

I still have this book and if you leave a comment below that you're interested...I would love to pass it on to someone!

(The first person to comment that they want it, will get it! And, if you're not the first person to comment, then look at your local library!)

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I'd be interested. John and I have discussed this...we have different opinions on what should happen with Eliana if something were to happen to us. Maybe this book could help us make a decision.

brookeriffel335 said...

Jenna-
I have a friend that asked me if she could borrow the book (in a private message), but when I get it back from her, I will pass it on to you guys!! Brandon and I also had differing opinions, but this book tells you that you can do exactly what you want...like, Parker and Andrew will go to this relative, but only if...so we made stipulation and criteria for the people our kids will go to. It's not easy to think about, but it's something we should all do!!!