Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sweet On Parker

With Valentines Day coming up, my big guy has been talking a lot about who he's going to give Valentines to at school [eventually he names off every girl in his class], asking me if we have more Valentine's Day decorations, telling Dad what he should get Mom for the special day, and asking if we can make Valentines Day cookies.

He's also been on this girlfriend/boyfriend kick.

So, when his little girl [that's a] friend from school came over before school one day, I didn't know what to expect....but, I knew that my Parker was going to be head over heels excited that she was coming over to his house. Now, my Parker gets pretty excited whenever one of his buddies comes over to play....he starts to act goofy, wants to get every toy out, and begs and begs and begs to play with something that isn't a 'normal' toy at our house [like Play-Doh, the X-Box, the ball pit, etc].

But when sweet C came over last week, he waited and waited by the window until she pulled up in the driveway. He awkwardly answered the door and walked outside to let her in. He asked her what she wanted to do....and he didn't argue a bit when she said she wanted to play with the girly looking Little People Valentines Day set that is normally reserved for Andrew [because it's too girly for a big guy like Parker]. He didn't say a word when she wanted to go downstairs and play 'house' in the ball pit. And, when she asked how to play his DS....he handed it over to her...only using it briefly to show her how to play it.



I even heard sweet little C say, "Parker, you are so handsome." Parker's reply, "Yeah, I know, my mom tells me I'm cool." Now, the real story behind this is that whenever I tell Parker he's handsome, I get a grouchy face and a super loud Parker that says, "No, MOM, I am COOL!" But, he didn't say this to his friend...he sweetly agreed with her...no argument here.



And, this morning when we dropped Parker off at school. C's dad said, "You know....the other day C asked me if she could take down her Justin Bieber calendar. And, when I asked her why, she said it was because she wanted to hang up a Parker calendar...because, dad, he's a lot cuter than Justin Bieber."

I die.

She is definitely sweet on my Parker-Man.

But, then again, who wouldn't be sweet on this guy?

No comments: